(Includes US Shipping): The DIY Casting Unit is a thick walled aluminum cook pot that holds a 6 inch + tall medium investment mixing bowl (not included) and comes with a 10.75 inch diameter polycarbonate lid with black gasket, 2) a rubber vacuum pad, 3) a vacuum gauge, and 4) a vacuum filter. All my polycarbonate lids have scratches when water jet cut which is out of my control.
Blowout system uses a special silicone seal which expands against a long aluminum tube. At the far end of the tube is a black tube cap which comes off and a special silicone plug (not pictured) is provided which is provided and fit into the bottom to catch metal during blowouts. Blowout tube can be removed for easier clean out of investment and or metal. ***Note: brass vacuum fitting can still be clogged from hot metal and may require drilling but parts are common and easy to replace if needed. ******Blowouts are always the fault of the user but I'm willing to fix the system at my cost if needed.
* This item may take 1 week to 10 days to build but could be sooner. If parts are needed, it may take longer.
* Polycarbonate is 1/2 inch thick and works excellent for vacuuming investment and RTV molding rubbers. *** All have scratched areas or smudging which is common and out of my control.
* Brass fitting may come in gold color or nickel color depending on what is in stock. This fitting is designed for a quick release attachment of the hose.
The vacuum casting table shown is 11 inches in diameter and 1/4 inch thick. *** Vacuum table rubber pad may be blue, white or another color depending on what is available from manufacture (Rio Grande). The ones I provide all work very well but other brands may not so research before you buy your own.
* Special vacuum chamber type filter is directional and use near the vacuum pump for added safety for the pump. This filter will trap debris and help protect the pump. Filter can be unscrewed and cleaned out if needed.
* I recommend a 3 CFM 2 stage pump as a minimum. Currently, I use the pump from Harbor Freight and have had excellent results for about 2 years now.
Casting table pictured is 11 inches round (minus the rubber ears) by 1/4 inch thick aluminum plate. It has 4 rubber feet that can be twisted against the aluminum pot to better tighten the top to bottom for minimal vibration.. A fire proof pan (supplied by buyer) should be placed below in case of a spill.
U.S. USPS Shipping is included (generally about $48) in the price but if substantially lower in your area (it varies from state to state) I will refund some money.
International shipping is not offered on this product, sorry.